Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tyro 2014-03-28 6:20

Hello Mark,

This is a delightful springtime photograph, though not from this year, and full of lovely fresh and vibrant colours.

Your use of an ultra-wide lens and a small aperture has given you a remarkable perspective and a remarkable depth of field with everything from the close daffodils and grass to the distant memorial exquisitely clear and sharp. In fact, I suspect that the memorial was only a few yards away, so strong is the perspective effect of that lens.

Your symmetrical composition is delightful, the light and colours lovely, your exposure spot-on and the details and sharpness are excellent throughout, even when viewed at full size of over 2000 x 3000 pixels.

Beautiful!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. I had always thought that Lee and Formatt made these big 165mm filters and their holders solely for Nikon lenses but I can see that a lens as wide as 14mm (of whatever manufacturer) must indeed require such a large filter to avoid vignetting.

P.P.S. Nice too that the daffodils do indeed look yellow - I have found that so often when taking pictures of these flowers it is so easy to end up with "blown" areas. Red flowers too can suffer from a similar effect in which all one can see is pure red with loss of any other detail. But you have coped very well here!

Old 04-04-2014, 10:37 AM
TE Newbie

Default To tyro: Filter System

Hello
Thank you for your kind comment's on the photo.
I would say the memorial was around 10-15 ft from the flowers.
I used the Formatt-Hitech Lucroit system with the 200mm by 165mm grey grad for the shot. The lens was the canon 14mm f2.8 L MKII, think there are only to filter sytems for the lens. The Formatt-Hitech Lucroit sysyem and the Wonderpan system, both very expensive for what they are but work great,
Mark