Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2018-10-30 14:22

Hi Jorge,
very impressive architecture. Great interior photo. Taking into account that you didn't have a car I am really impressed by how much you managed to see in this country. It must have been quite challenging. I suppose cultural places are easier accessible -it is the nature which is more tricky to get to without a car. Especially in the north.
Great reportage!!
M

Old 10-30-2018, 11:29 PM
TE Expert

Default To mkamionka: traveling in UK

mariusz

in fact in UK we have a very amount of historical places in few KM and public transportation is perfect, I took more than 9 thousand photos there and in the same time I got only 6,5 thousand in china, where distances are big and I lost many time in trains. yes, to visit natural areas is easier with a car than using public transportation.

take care

jorge
Old 10-31-2018, 06:56 AM
TE Expert

HI,
I agree with you that UK is more developed than some countries in Asia but from the public transportation perspective it resembles very much USA. Around the major cities like London it is perfect but the further you go from London the worse it gets. Where I live the buses are once per hour and I have to switch them at least twice to get somewhere, I remember doing the same thing in California...
Interesting experience for sure
Mariusz