To olli: to my dear master - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great olli 2006-02-09 3:22

Well seen, Canan. Very interesting mix of stone, wood and plants. Great repetition of numbers in different positions.
An orange on the wall is a nice detail telling us what those boxes are used for. I´m sure that if I had seen this view I would have take a shot of it, too. Maybe I would have tried to emphasize those numbers by cropping the image tighter – posted a WS.
In fact I have previously posted a shot with a bit similar subject; the repetition of numbers on wooden surface. The image can be seen here.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:54 AM
TE Newbie

Default To olli: to my dear master

dear olli, thank you very much for the ws and the photo... i discovered your page quite recently and you helped me to define my taste...the numbers on the russian cars, repetition photos and close ups that you have in your gallery amazed me..i recommended your page to some of my friends.. since i am not able to take those nice pictures i had to have a reference:) i hope it is okay for you..if you ever decide to have a class please do not forget to enroll me as one of your students..regards..
Old 02-09-2006, 11:41 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To olli: to my dear master

Hi, Canan
And thanks a lot for your kind words. I´m very-very glad – and flattered – that you find my shots inspiring. I think we like similar subjects – so, I´m looking forward to see more shots from you.
I´think you have got the most important thing in taking photos: "THE EYE". Well, perhaps a camera is quite important, too ;-) Still, the fact is that if you haven´t got a camera you can buy one – but if you haven´t got "THE EYE" you can´t get one! And if you have got "THE EYE" you can improve it forever...
So, keep shooting, posting and writing critiques!

Regards,
Olli