To tyro: sabrina - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2020-04-10 4:17

Hello Gert,

An amusing but very appropriate title for this photograph - but also a very fine photograph in itself; the barrow, laden with ripe and ripening bananas making a brilliantly colourful statement against the drab background of rickety makeshift buildings and houses and murky water. And, of course, the lean man, presumably setting off to deliver his goods, is perfectly placed as he looks straight into your camera. Nice too that a little warm sunshine has decided to settle on your main subject while the background remains in relative shade.

An excellent image with good lighting, true colours and excellent detail.

Lovely!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. Born in the late 1940s and growing up in the 1950s, I vividly remember a song which everybody used to sing from time to time, namely "Yes, we have no bananas....". I think it originated in the 1920s but became popular in Britain during WWII when imports of bananas were suspended. If you've got the stomach for it, you can hear bits of it in this little film clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCS1frMC004

Old 04-10-2020, 11:47 AM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: sabrina

Thank you John,
I remember that song too and I actually heard it on the radio not long ago. I don't remember why it was played.
It was strange to see that film clip. I know for sure I have seen "Sabrina", but I have even less memory of those scenes than from taking the photo of the banana man in 2008. Maybe I saw Sabrina 50 years ago, so I should be excused.
Kind regards,
Gert