Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great holmertz 2018-06-13 13:26

Hello Paul,
I get more and more convinced that India is the most "photo friendly" country in the world, where taking pictures of people in the streets is more easy than anywhere else. How marvellous that India also seems to offer the most fascinating photo opportunities anywhere with all these colours and amazing sights. You really go far off the tourist track with these photos - and you survived! ;-) This is so much more interesting than another blue hour photo of the Taj Mahal.
Best wishes,
Gert

Old 06-13-2018, 08:39 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: a blue hour photo

Thank you Gert,

Talking about the blue hour ... That was very strange but in India I never had a blue hour like in other countries.
And I was definitely outside at the right time.

Once in Mumbai I did have a 'purple hour'

Is it possible that depending on the season there is no real blue hour?

Have a nice evening,
Paul
Old 06-14-2018, 05:57 PM
TE Expert

Hello Paul,
I never thought of any lack of blue hours in India, but maybe you are right. What I do remember is that Indian sunsets have a particularly magic glow, which is probably due to the bad air filled with smoke and exhaustion fumes, in recent years reaching deadly levels. Perhaps the smoke spoils the blue hour light?
Regards,
Gert
Old 06-14-2018, 06:34 PM
TE Expert

Hi Gert,

In Hampi the air was quite clean and on two evenings I went to a more elevated spot to see the sunset (together with many other tourists, Indian and westerners).

I took many pictures there and also one evening in Mumbai I've taken photos of the sun setting in the Arabian Sea.

Yet, I haven't uploaded any of these photos.
If I'm not mistaken, so far I've never shown a sunset ... although I do have at least one of most journeys.

I think sunsests are very beautiful but afterwards at home they do not seem to belong to the photos that I want to show.
I haven't checked this but I also think you don't have (many) sunsets in your gallery.

Enjoy your evening !
Paul
Old 06-14-2018, 07:01 PM
TE Expert

Sunsets don't interest me as much as gritty day-time street-shots. If they're not well done, and include some interesting details, they easily look kitschy. I have tried a few times but I was never happy with the result.