Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-01-22 1:56

Hello Malgo,
I get an impression that Liechtenstein is beautiful but slightly boring. But this is a fine photo with some nice colours in the village and graphically very attractive patterns created by the vines and trees in the virtually monochrome lower part. Typically of a cloudy day at this time of the year the photo looks partially desaturated.
An old friend of mine told me that long ago he was going by train through this part of Europe with a few friends. As they were approaching Liechtenstein he needed to go to the toilet. When he returned he asked his friends if they would soon arrive in Liechtenstein, and was told that they had already passed through it while he was away.
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 01-22-2019, 09:50 AM
TE Expert

Talking To holmertz: Boring?

Hello Gert,

You are very critical to my trip to Liechtenstein. But I was in FL just one day altogether (not even the night because the hostel was cheaper in Switzerland). During this time I visited four villages (small) - two castles, the ski resort at 1600 m of altitude, some monuments in Vaduz, so I had no time to be bored.
Amusing story of your friend. There is a train going from Feldkirch in Austria to Zurich, it takes 18 minutes through FL. So your friend spent quite a lot of time in the toilet, Poor guy
Now I am very excited about my trip starting on Monday.

Have a nice day

MAlgo

Last edited by emka; 01-22-2019 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:54 AM
TE Expert

Hello Malgo,
How could I be critical of your trip? You can go wherever you wish. I just don't have the impression that it's a very interesting country. I don't regard every village, every monument or even every castle as necessarily interesting. But I have considered going there myself for a day, just out of curiosity, in case I would visit Bolzano (which is on my bucket list) and decide that it would be more convenient to go from Zürich rather than Milano.
Best wishes,
Gert