To batalay: Reply - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great batalay 2016-04-26 22:26

Hello Ally,

Although I visited several cities in China, I did not get to TianShou to see the Ming Tombs. So this is the approach to the area of the tombs where thousands of pottery soldiers stand guarding the Emperor. I understand, they know where the Emperor's tomb is located but have not excavated it yet.

Warm regards,

Bulent

Old 04-27-2016, 06:46 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To batalay: Reply

Hi Bulent,

History is complicated. Normally Emperor tomb area is locate not so far from their capital city, but I think is still very far for them who living at the era that still using carriage.

Ming Dynasty tomb that already excavated showing that not so many statues of soldier or statues of human buried inside the emperor tomb. The first emperor of Ming Dynasty ZhuYuanZhang is from a poor family, so that he is not encourage his family to living luxury and bury luxury things. Anyway, after several generations, the royal families are become more rich and begin to bury more juwels into their tomb.

Ming Dynasty capital city is located at Beijing, so that majority of the Ming Dynasty Emperors are buried at Beijing.

Capital city of Qin Dynasty, Western Han Dynasty, Tang Dynasty are located at ShanXi (陕西), Xi An (西安) province, so their tombs are built at ShanXi too.

11 Emperor tombs of Western Han Dynasty (202 BC - 8 BC) are located at ShanXi, XiAn, XianYang.

11 Emperor tombs of Eastern Han Dynasty ( 25 - 220 year) are located at Henan, near to LuoYang.

18 Emperor tombs of Tang Dynasty (618 - 907 year) are located at Wei River district (渭河平原)

Another great Emperor tomb that just excavate is Liu He Tomb , Han Dynasty. Some of the historic relics from his tomb is now exhibiting at Beijing, thought soon a special museum for this tomb will built near to the tomb.

Regards,
Ally

Tags
china emperor tombs, shi san ling, tian shou mountain