what filters for landscapes?

• Hi!
    I would like to know what are the most usefull filters to take photos of landscapes.
    What filters do you use in general, and what effects do they have?
    I am ask this because i saw a filter can change a lot, and i want to make better photos
    Thank you!
  • filters
    some hints in there http://www.naturephotographers.net/dw0502-1.html
  • Filters
    Hi there
    The filters exist also in photo post processing on Photoshop software or Adobe Photo Elements; except for the Polarised filter no need to put a filter on your lens.
    Best regards
  • Quote: some hints in there http://www.naturephotographers.net/dw0502-1.html
    Thank you! i already have a polarized filter but i'm going to get those 2 filters, a warm toned and GND.
  • Quote: some hints in there http://www.naturephotographers.net/dw0502-1.html
    Quote: Hi there
    The filters exist also in photo post processing on Photoshop software or Adobe Photo Elements; except for the Polarised filter no need to put a filter on your lens.
    Best regards
    Merci Didi!
    c'est vrai pour photoshop, mais je n'aime pas passer des heures a retoucher mes photos. Je vois que 3 ou 4 filtres sont essenciel et je vais faire des tests.
  • Quote: Hi there
    Best regards
    True in many situations, but ND & ND grads can be extremely useful in preventing parts of an image being burnt out. Even Photoshop can't put back detail which has been completely lost.
  • ND Grad
    Of course ND grad is a good solution.
    I used it before with my old pentax silver camera..
    In numeric picture with my Canon 50D I have an over exposure detection in the back screen of the camera. It's possible for me to do differents measures Global, centered or spot.
    Sometimes I make a stitch of three pictures with different exposure -1, 0, +1 .
    and I do a HDR not excessive.
  • Filters
    Just yesterday I saw a backpacker take out their camera from their backpack only to find the UV filter smashed. ANY filter protects the main lens, & is far cheaper to replace than the entire lens. Having said that, I mainly use a CP (circular polarizing) filter, but remove it in low light level conditions when it just increases the risk of blurred images & increases the time exposure to beyond handheld (1/30 second for wideangle 28mm & 1/60 sec at 50mm, higher for a zoom lens ) & requiring a tripod, or stable support.
  • Any filter you put in the optical path will degrade the image, the question is will the filter improve certain aspects of the photo to make it stronger. I use Photoshop to post process the images for things like warming and cooling or giving or removing a cast. The CP can not be Photoshopped in, so can be very usefull with foliage, clouds, skies, and anyplace you need to remove specular reflections. And as mentioned, a UV can be used to protect the front element, a lens caps is more rugged.
    Bob
  • Quote: Hi there
    Best regards
    good luck .

Tags

color, filter, landscape, light