Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2019-02-21 5:41

Hi John
great to see new posts from you again :)
in post processing, I wonder how this would look if you reduce the 'blues', I can do that with Photoshop Elements, not sure what program you use. Sometimes I find reducing blue in winter shots makes the snow more white and more natural, but sometimes it looks better like this in blue....it would be fun to see both shots side by side for comparison. just food for thought. its a lovely scene, lovely bg and depth. i love the crisp clean air look that is so evident in your shot. fantastic. PS - I have news to share. Joanne and I are engaged (2 weeks ago), and we are also pregnant!!!! I will be a daddy for the first time!!! We are due Aug 20th :) Cheers
Craig

Old 02-21-2019, 03:34 PM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: Congratulations!!!!! :)

Hi Craig,

Thank you once again for your kind remarks!

Yes, you told us about your recent engagement to Joanne - that was great - but how wonderful that the two of you are now expecting your first child! That is wonderful news and I'm so pleased for you both! Well done, Daddy!! Are you both hoping for a little girl or a little boy? Personally I never thought that mattered - all that really mattered was that he/she was fit and healthy and I'm sure you feel the same way. But, if it's a boy, please, please don't call him Stewie!

Oh, yes, this picture - I agree that perhaps the blue could have done with toning down a bit, but if that was applied to the whole image the mist might have turned a little yellow since it was in sunlight. Funnily enough, I actually preferred my two workshop images to the main one anyway!

Anyway, you take care, Craig, and you take good care of that young lady too! And keep in touch and let us know how you are both (er, all three, I mean!) doing!

Cheers,

John.