So, where are you going? - Page 4 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 10:17 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: So, where are you going?

The little green pill cures the troubles of TE, permanently.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:31 AM
TE Expert

hi Greg

Very interesting. Makes me think of this

Beatles- Yesterday lyrics
Yesterday,
All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly,
I'm not half the man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me,
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why she
Had to go I don't know, she wouldn't say.
I said,
Something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday,
Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,

Why she
Had to go I don't know, she wouldn't say.
I said,
Something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday,
Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,

Mm-mm-mm-mm-mm-mm-mm.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:53 PM
TE Junior Member

I'm staying right here. I don't really feel like deleting all the pics that I've posted here over the past 5 years and start off somewhere else...flickr in particular just seems too "impersonal" with hundreds of pics being uploaded every second (or at least it seems this way).

I'm sure the TOU issue can be resolved at some point. Now to be honest I think some people are overreacting with the whole deleting their pics and moving on approach. Seems a bit "drama queenesque" to some extent.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:50 PM
TE Senior Member

let's clear one thing - I understand that people are leaving because they are not happy with the way IB handled complains about the new desing, about the "error" in the version of Terms of Use, and general attitude of the owners towards the greatest value of this site - us, who post photos and write comments and forum threads. as I said, I understand the feelings of those who have left, they are 200% justified. and if I would leave, these would be my reasons as well. as others have said, "Communication 101" is a must for IB staff.

but I don't see how, strictly speaking, the current wording of TOU about the copyrights (given the explanations from IB) would be the reason to leave. after all, that's exactly the same wording I read when I joined TE two+ years ago, and everyone what happy and posting. I fully agree that IB has lost a lot of our trust after they tried to change the TOU and insert "resale right", first intentionally and then, just few days ago, "by mistake". but right now TOU are exactly what they were.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Banned

Hi Kristine,
the first paragraph in your text is what motivated me to leave, at least for the present time. :) but you know that...

To Philipp: personally, I would prefer to be a drama queen than a bore :).

Michèle
Old 06-12-2009, 09:23 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: drama queen

No Michele,

You are not the DQ. Drama queens ARE boring, and I do agree with Phillip on that. Some people are genuinely conflicted about leaving, and others are running thru the forums like Chicken Little with the sky falling, threatening to push some mythical button. I guess they think the administration cares . More new people are posting every day.

I still dislike this blecherous pink background.

Farah
Old 06-12-2009, 09:30 PM
TE Senior Member

can I PLEASE have a golden star so I can award Farah for never failing to provide the most eloquent description for anything? :) and can I have another golden star to award her for "DQ", which could also mean "Dairy Queen"? that place sure is boring, lol :))
Old 06-12-2009, 09:37 PM
TE Expert

Hi Farah
I like the Chicken Little reference as it sums this up so perfectly. Of course I'm sad some of my favourite members have left but it's not the first time and thank goodness there's Facebook to keep contact with many of them.
Posting photos anywhere puts one at risk of someone downloading them whether there's a copyright on the website or not and as my photos have never interested anyone in that respect, I'm happy keeping mine on the website that suits me for the moment as I still have many friends here who post photos I enjoy. Although it would be more pleasant to look at without the "bleacherous pink background" ;-)
Old 06-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Banned

Farah, there goes my fairy tale ...LOL :)
Can I be the bad witch at least ? at my age I've owned it...

Sure, Kristine, could not agree more with you, Farah can make me laugh so much, she deserves golden stars, a golden crown !

Oh, and sorry, we're supposed to discuss photography only. May the wrath of "Moderation" not reach us. :)
Old 06-12-2009, 09:44 PM
TE Senior Member

Michèle - you should know that witches come in three, so you can be one if I can be another :P