To Woodymite: Time of Day - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Woodymite 2006-12-19 4:58

Hi John,
This is a really nice looking scene. I have walked here many times and never saw the opportunity for such a pic. What time of day was this taken? I have noticed the small aperture used. A really good scene, I like it.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:57 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Woodymite: Time of Day

Hi Steve, this was taken at 1:30 in the afternoon. On a shot like this though on an overcast day you don't need to worry about glare as much as you would on another day. My biggest problem was getting enough light. I Shot at 1/30 of a second. I'm lucky I'm not showing any shake here. I probably should have shot at F11 1/60 in this case to be safe, or I should have used a tripod. Someday I would like to do this at night (or late afternoon) with a tripod to capture the lights on.

Thanks, John
Old 12-22-2006, 02:22 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Woodymite: Time of Day

Hi John,
What a great idea, I think late afternoon would be preferable to night, at night you might lose the impact of the tunnel and the image might just become a row of lights. Maybe go for both anyway, have a coffee or two while your waiting for the night.

Cheers Steve B.