To holmertz: Seven sisters - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2020-04-09 10:02

Hello Brenda,
There is a slight touch of the Soviet Union or China in this building. It's so huge and tall and official. The main difference is that there is just a subway station built into it, while in those countries similar buildings probably have nuclear proof shelters deep down below. Considering the difficulties you describe you did a very good job to capture such a clear view. You managed to have the tree complementing the composition rather than obstructing the view. And you also had enough space to include the street life, which in my eyes was a great bonus to the photo.
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 04-09-2020, 08:49 PM
TE Expert

Talking To holmertz: Seven sisters

Hi Gert (and Brenda)

As I have written tin my critique, your observation is right. The Seven Sisters in Moscow, among them The Lomonosov State University building, were inspired by the Municipal Building in Manhattan. And later, similar buildings were built in Easter Europe, like in Riga, Culture Palace in Warsaw or the House of the Free Press in Bucharest.

Stay safe

MAlgo