Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 09:44 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Nikon or Canon?

I think André and JY have deliberately wanted me, the Nikoniste integriste, to intervene ;-)
They mentionned Zepi, who's not taking many photos anyway. He still says Nikon was better despite changing to Canon.
Nikon is definitely user friendly, nice feel and the hand, and definitely looks better - ah yes excellent quality too.
So I invite you to ignore André & JY's remarks (they are my friends despite their red tendancies).
Old 09-16-2009, 10:49 PM
TE Expert

Way to go Nikki! ;D
Kath
Old 09-16-2009, 11:37 PM
TE Expert

Canon 7D has the latest technology, lots of featuresd, a crop camera 1.6 and therefore cheaper, the bigger sensor more cost of making, a very promissing camera that replies to all the requests of 5D users and therefore the new sensor architecture, high performance focus, many adjustable features and video are expected to be applied in near future also to the full sensor range to bring canon explicit to the lead again.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:39 PM
TE Expert

Canon 7D has the latest technology, lots of featuresd, a crop camera 1.6 and therefore cheaper, the bigger sensor more cost of making, a very promissing camera that replies to all the requests of 5D users and therefore the new sensor architecture, high performance focus, many adjustable features and video are expected to be applied in near future also to the full sensor range to bring canon explicit to the lead again.
At the same it gives the possibility to go for a good lens in the L-series, skipping the S-series only to use on crop cameras.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:19 AM
TE Junior Member

Wow, lots of features! But some of the questions would be: is it really necessary for someone who take photography as a hobby to have such amount of camera power? Would a lesser model do the same job when it come to landscapes? I make money out of my camera(weddings, baby and family sessions) and I haven't really seen the need to have the latest or most advanced equipment to do my job right. Just a thought.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:26 AM
TE Expert

Roberto,

You are the wisest among us (even though we were exaggerating and joking on Canon supremacy...).

At the end, it is who's behind the black box and how skillfully he can achieve the desired results that really counts. The rest is just branding. There will always be a better model to come in either brands, making your camera look out-of-date a year after you've bought it...

Andre
Old 09-18-2009, 04:18 PM
TE Expert

such a useless but funny discussion! It's such a delight! Canon...Nikon...Nikon...Canon...like you said, it's more about the photographer.

But seriously now, André, can you imagine how good your pictures would be with just any Nikon? Oh, it would be divine...;)

Marcquiveutajouterunpeud'huilesurlefeu;)
Old 09-18-2009, 05:12 PM
TE Senior Member

Olá Neyvan
esta pergunta que vc fez demanda muitas respostas dos amantes de marcas...
apesar de ter minha preferência tb, acredito ser mais prático te lembrar que vc já tem um equipamento Nikon, (lamentável sua perda!) e algumas lentes que sempre vão servir na nova máquina (mesmo que vc tenha dúvidas quanto ao funcionamento... devido à queda)
A qualidade das duas marcas é excelente, agora lembre-se que daqui a pouco com o desenvolvimento dos novos CCD e ou CMOS o futuro das maquinas digitais será sem sombra de dúvida as de "full frame" ou seja, com tamanho do sensor igual ao das 35mm (24x36) mm e aí a coisa pega, pois a Canon possui a 5D e a nova 5DII (mais megapixels e mais nova) que é fantástica pelo preço e filma em HD, já que não tem a robustez das profissionais; a Sony esta lançando duas neste setor a alfa 850 (nova) e a 900 (um ano), sendo a 850 na mesma categoria da 5D portanto mais barata que a alfa 900 que é mais profissional; e finalmente a Nikon que eu conheça e tem a 3D e 3DX que são profissionais e custam muuuuuuuito caro! cerca de US5000 me parece..
Enfim... tem muita coisa boa por aí entre essas três que te falei, mas me parece que para nós brasileiros, as nikon e canon tem um valor maior para revenda, se esse for seu caso pensando já em algo para depois trocar ou ou mesmo comprar equipamentos, tais como lentes e acessórios, talvez a disputa entre as marcas se resuma nas duas mesmo Nikon e Canon

abraços (lamentando a perda :( ... )

Taba
Old 09-18-2009, 05:56 PM
TE Senior Member

Olá Taba!
Dentre tantas opiniões, muitas brincadeiras e diversão, gostei bastante da sua posição! Por enquanto, estou tentando manter a minha, para alguns casos, parece estar funcionando normal, mas para fazer fotos de mim, em algum lugar, não estou conseguindo, pois continua (parece-me) com problema de foco! O que tenho medo é de ir para uma viagem mais longa com ela e apresentar problema "in loco" e ficar sem poder fotografar o passeio (para nós fanáticos por foto, isso acaba com a viagem de certa forma)! Andei dando uma olhada nas Nikons na internet e o preço está muito alto. A minha paguei R$4.000,00 em 2007 e os modelos agora estão de 6 para cima!!! Caí de costas! Vou levar em consideração todas essas opiniões (que bom que ficam registradas aqui) caso tenha necessidade mesmo de substituí-la! Quando der, dê uma olhadinha em minhas fotos pós-acidente (pós Chapada Diamantina) e se notar alguma diferença de qualidade, avise-me!
Um grande abraço,
Neyvan
Old 09-19-2009, 09:41 AM
TE Expert

So Marc, you really want to jump into this fight with your yellow brand... :-P)

All right, this is the latest SUPERTEST from Digital Camera, probably one of the best photography magazine on the market - September 2009 / Issue 89.

They are comparing full frame Sony 900, Nikon D700 and Canon 5D mark II, all in the same price category.

The test covers the metering and dynamic range, detail and definition, colour rendition, the AF system and so on, and in every evaluation segments, Canon has the upper hand.

The verdict - like almost every comparison tests I read on the web and in magazines - is that Canon delivers quality images and top performance like any other brands - sharpest, super fast and quiet AF, awesome colours and on and on and on...

They also insist on the design, mentionning that the 5D Mark II looks like it was designed in a wind tunnel, while the D700 is more like the product oif an ordonnance factiry - bulky and chunky.

The Sony is simply out of the game and only serves as a foil for the two big brands.

But before convulsing in frustration, just remember that I only offer the facts, professional are the one who evaluate cameras, by making extensive tests and comparing results in similar situations. You and me can discuss until next year about our cameras, but I never hold a Nikon in my hand, and you don't have a clue about my camera performances, so we both have to rely on independant and scientific studies.

And one last thing; why do you think that the yellow brand, AKA Nikon, use this little red plastic triangle on their camera body??? It's only to confuse new buyers that have heard about the supremacy of the red brand, don't you think.... Hmmmm!...

I know for a fact that every photographers at La Presse (Montreal most important newspaper) have recently changed all their bodies and lenses for Canon. And just go at an Alouette football match and watch the row of photographers with their white lenses.

Yes, we like to tease each others all the time, yes, both brands are at the top of their games, but somehow, it's always Canon that get the upper hand, tests after tests.

Of course, at the end, the camera will not choose the proper aperture for you, neither will it decide of a nice composition or catch this awesomne street scene, without your talent and brain. It's the photographer skills that will deliver striking images. But from a simple technical aspect, wiothout being biased, all I see, read, hear is always about Canon.

The time when Nikon film cameras were used by National Geographic photographers, therefore giving the perception that it was the best brand is over.

Go on the Nat Geo website and look at the cameras these guys are now using. A lot of the shooters used Canon, from the 20D up to the most recent models.

The ones that are still using Canon is because they are sponsored and they have to struggle with colours and sharpness when they are back in front of their computers... LOLLLLL!

And at the end, if you would give me the choice, I would get only Leica cameras and lenses... :-P)