Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-02-2009, 09:04 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: photos are changing there

Hallo Thorsten!
I've also written to them concerning two of my photos. I wonder whether these thieves will answer. Perhaps the TE administrator should/could put pressure on them...?!
Thanks for your information!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Banned

Default Re: photos are changing there

They have answered my mail saying simple that the photo has been removed. I have checked and it seems ok.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:07 PM
TE Expert

Default TE must do something!!!

OK, it seems that all the photos of all the guides come directly from TE. (I recognized the first photo I see in the France guide).

IMO TE MUST do something by itself and under its name to make them pay or remove all the picts stolen from here!!
Old 02-05-2009, 01:36 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Organized photo stealing from TE!

I commented a photo here by someone in Italy, and he sent me a link to look at his real photos. The good photographers don't post their best work here. Common sense. (Unless they have an inimitable style that's easy to spot.) Now, I DO post my best here, but even then they are not stolen. I am sad.

If you are good, don't post your best stuff on a photo sharing website. Then again, it seems that the most oft stolen seem to be landscape/cityscape type images, that thousands of people have the same shot of.

Someday my photo may be stolen. I hope.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:12 PM
TE Senior Member

farah, i suspect your all biceps shiny adonis will be the first victim of some connoisseur photo thief, even though i myself would rather go for that last smile ;o)
good luck ... whatever ;o)
dora
Old 02-06-2009, 12:55 AM
TE Expert

don't despair ... you are at the right place for it on TE ... someday it will happen

(in stead of a copyright on the photo, you could mention, 'Please steal me', kind of a Bill Gates sales policy, you ask the money after .... )
Old 02-06-2009, 01:05 AM
TE Junior Member

Oh Henk, I tried to get my pictures stolen, sort of an ego trip. How crushed was I when there were no takers? It's as mortifying as a stripper who dances a set and gets no tips. Oh, yuck. "Bones" is on TV.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:57 AM
TE Expert

the reverse is as much irritating when they can't take their hands of my bulls, running all over the net .... did TE forgot to close the door ?
Old 02-13-2009, 09:30 AM
TE Junior Member

Default maybe IB sold them?

In the Terms of Use you find:

Intellectual Property

You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the content posted by you on or through the Site or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth below, and (ii) the Posting of your content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.

By displaying or posting content on the Site, you hereby grant us a nonexclusive global license to publish the content submitted by you to the Site. You also grant us global nonexclusive adaptation and resale rights over any content and material submitted to the Site.
These nonexclusive publishing license and resale/adaptation rights extend to any materials submitted "for publication" within the Site, including both message board postings and content submitted for uploading and subsequent publishing within non-message board portions of the Site. Neither we nor our staff will be responsible for any misleading, false or otherwise injurious information and advice communicated on the Site or for any results obtained from the use of such information or advice. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a user through the user's reliance on information and advice gained on the Site.

so, can IB give our photos away just like that or not? i am a little bit puzzled.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:11 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: maybe IB sold them?

To me, according to this, they can sell our picture.

That would be a totaly new thing to me and it would make me think twice before going on uploading photos here on TE...

I'm waiting for a confirmation from those who understand english better than I do...