Smileys shown as an option even when daily limit is exceeded - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-20-2009, 02:37 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Smileys shown as an option even when daily limit is exceeded

It used to be that once a critiquer ran out of his 20 smileys for the day, no smileys appeared under the box for writing the 21st critique. It has now happened to me twice recently that they were shown and I could mark one of them (therefore thinking that I am still not over my daily limit), but once I submitted the crituque, no smiley was attributed to the person. Is this happening just to me? Can you please explain what is happening and fix this? Thank you.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:05 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Smiley got taken away when I edited my critique

OK, it has happened to me again. Could someone look into this, please?

What happened today was: I wrote my 20th critique, submitted it, with the 2 points attributed, exactly as I wanted. But then I went back to edit the critique to correct a grammatical error and the points got taken away. Now thinking about the two previous occasions, I think the scenario was the same: in both cases, I went back to edit my critique and the points got scrapped.

Now that I know how it happens, I will be more careful about going back and editing my last critique of the day, but I would be thankful if this could be fixed.

Thank you, Dasha
Old 11-26-2009, 11:33 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Smileys shown as an option even when daily limit is

There has always been this 'bug', even in the 'good-old-days'. We all fall into the trap from time to time. By editing the critique the TE smiley counter adds another 1. Nothing changed from the beginning so don't hold your breath that they will fix it now ;)
Kath
Old 11-26-2009, 12:34 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Smileys shown as an option even when daily limit is

Thanks for the "encouragement", Kath ;-) I am at least thankful for knowing where the glitch is, so I will be more careful in the future. Perhaps I will even learn to use the "preview" button. Have a nice day, Dasha