Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pinakie_slg 2008-09-28 10:58

I am really worried and terrified on their movement. I have seen those days in Siliguri, but my gut feeling is also that this is not going to be resolved so soon, it will take time.

But do we really have that time to spare?

Old 10-01-2008, 03:33 PM
TE Newbie

Default To pinakie_slg: GOD KNOWS

This isn't a new phenomenon in the hills...and not that its a stray movement...for long it has been rared and cared to grow monumental like this...the whole story of their demand can be dated back to early 20th century...and still no one bothers to either stand up and say forget Gorkhaland, or here it is....So the only option we have is to wait and watch for the seasons to go there...which is bad....and always keep an eye on the movement...means we may not enjoy our trips...which is worse...and i guess what i faced was the worst..

cheers
sabyasachi
Old 10-02-2008, 09:37 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To pinakie_slg: GOD KNOWS

The liability of North East terrorism lies on the central govt. and if any thing goes wrong here in my home town and its adjacent ares this will be due to the state govts negligence and inability to tackle situations like this. this can be solved but i do not the govt's will to solve it.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:37 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To pinakie_slg: GOD KNOWS

true...neither the people who fan this movement realise the govt will not yeild the hills unfought...nor the govt, who think this can go oon and on....but none can be tolerated...lets hope there is some light at the end of all....
:O)
sabyasachi