To BlueRaven: blooming - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great BlueRaven 2009-03-09 2:57

Hi Mariusz,

Wonderful shot. I love the contrast of the blue sky with the green of the tree and the whiteish blossoms. The road in the background adds a dynamic element. The light is a bit hard but that often happens in the Southwest, I guess. After all, you can't sit in your motel room all day and only take pictures in the morning and late afternoon. ;o)
I visited Joshua Tree NP in 1998 but didn't see any trees in bloom - maybe I wasn't looking hard enough... I've been wanting to revisit this park for a while but so far it just didn't happen. Maybe next time... Shots like this sure make me want to go there!

Thanks for sharing, best wishes
Claudia

Old 03-09-2009, 10:50 AM
TE Expert

Default To BlueRaven: blooming

Yes, the intense blooming time does not happen every spring. It depends very much on how much rain was there during preceeding winter and sometimes there is none. Also the spring time is pretty short, so actually it is very easy to miss. I tried to catch that couple of times, finally with a success, however I heard the winter after I left California was especially wet and consequently the spring after that was fantastic in the deserts, full of colors.
Usually the spring comes there around March April.
I took photos there with a analog camera, where I could not see the results immediately so it was not that easy to notice under or overexposure and repeat it as it is now with digital cameras.
I really recomment the place though.
Thanks for your comments,
M