Fotos

Photographer's Note

The Piazza San Marco, in Zagreb, is a symbol for political life, because here is the Sabor (Parliament), the Baroque Banska Dvori (the Palace of the Ban) and Crkva Svetog Marka (the Church of San Marcos) , the most visited monument.

Despite being something small it is undoubtedly one of the best known buildings in the city, whose main feature is its beautiful rooftop vidirado red, blue and white, representing the shield of the former Kingdom of Croatia and the coat of arms of the city.

Built in the s XIII, was the parish church of the former Gradec and, over the centuries, they were adding multiple elements him, being today a mixture of styles. The roof, for example, was added in 1880.
From the original construction only one window on the south wall and the foundations of the bell of the first Romanesque period preserved.

Gothic arches and the sanctuary were built in the second half of the fourteenth century, when the church acquired its most valuable part: the luxurious gothic south portal.
With regard to the icons it contains, this Gothic portal is one of the most beautiful in Croatia. Parler was made in the workshop, one of the most famous sculpture workshops of the Middle Ages.

To the north, the western wall contains a copy of the coat of arms Zagreb's oldest, dating from 1499. The original is in the Museum of the City of Zagreb.

The church was completely rebuilt in the second half of the nineteenth century based on the designs of Viennese architects Friedrich Schmidt and Herman Bolle.
He then underwent another reconstruction in the first half of the twentieth century. At that time, the famous painter Jozo Kljakovic (1888 - 1969) painted the walls, while the altar was decorated with works by the famous sculptor Ivan Mestrovic.

-------------------------------------------------

La plaza de San Marcos, en Zagreb, es un símbolo para la vida política, ya que aquí se encuentra el Sabor (Parlamento), el Baroque Banska Dvori (el Palacio del Ban) y la Crkva Svetog Marka (la Iglesia de San Marcos), su monumento mas visitado.

A pesar de ser algo pequeña es, sin duda, una de las construcciones mas conocidas de la ciudad, cuya principal característica es su bello tejado vidirado de colores rojo, azul y blanco, los cuales representan el escudo del antiguo Reino de Croacia, asi como el escudo de armas de la ciudad.

Construída en el s XIII, fue la iglesia parroquial de la antigua Gradec y, a lo largo de los siglos, se le fueron añadiendo múltiples elementos, siendo hoy una mezcla de estilos. El techo, por ejemplo, fue añadido en 1880.
De la construcción original sólo se conservan una ventana en la pared sur y los cimientos de la campana de ese primer período románico.

Los arcos góticos y el santuario se construyeron en la segunda mitad del siglo XIV, cuando la iglesia adquirió su parte más valiosa: el lujoso portal gótico del sur.
En lo que respecta a los íconos que contiene, este portal de estilo gótico es uno de los más bellos de Croacia. Se hizo en el taller Parler, uno de los más famosos talleres de escultura de la edad media.

Al norte, el Muro de los Lamentos contiene una copia del escudo de armas más antiguo de Zagreb, que data de 1499. El original se encuentra en el Museo de la ciudad de Zagreb.

La iglesia fue completamente reconstruida en la segunda mitad del siglo XIX basada en los diseños de los arquitectos vieneses Friedrich Schmidt y Hermann Bolle.
Luego se sometió a otra de reconstrucción en la primera mitad del siglo XX. En ese momento, el famoso pintor Jozo Kljakovic (1888 - 1969) pintó sus paredes, mientras que el altar era decorado con obras del famoso escultor Ivan Mestrovic.


Photo Information
Viewed: 1279
Points: 52
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 8005 W: 5 N: 14104] (62896)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH