The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Where are photos on TE ? (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=968076)

jemaflor 07-04-2020 06:12 AM

Where are photos on TE ?

Difficult this morning to appreciate and comment photos on TE ... No photo appears on my screen ! Is it the same for all of you - a technical problem ? Hoping for a quick fix ...
Good day to everyone.

Keitht 07-04-2020 10:22 AM

When I logged in this morning I got a message "Checking Browser before transferring to TE", or words to that effect. Never had that before so my assumption is that something has been changed by the techies. Can you try a different browser? I'm on Firefox and it did eventually pass me through.

pierrefonds 07-04-2020 12:10 PM

check browser

A few days ago TE was very slow.
yesterday, I had this notice checking browser, I am using Google Chrome
Today, checking browser, then, I had to select some photos before continuing. I hope this is a temporary situation.

emka 07-04-2020 01:38 PM

I had the same, this appeared:

Please complete the security check to access www.trekearth.com,

It is very disturbing. What is going on? It seems the end of TE is closer and closer...
MAlgo

lousat 07-04-2020 10:27 PM

With Chrome it go well....

jemaflor 07-05-2020 06:35 AM

Thanks Malgo, Luciano, Pierre and Keitht for your answers ...
Ok, so we had to go through with this little manipulation and these few clicks ... I'm a human ... if you have to do the manipulation each time you connect to TE, it will be a bit boring !

emka 07-05-2020 08:37 AM

It is the same with Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Micosoft Edge. Are they crazy:mad::confused:.

ktanska 07-05-2020 10:03 AM

IB guys don't seem to be very quick to comment on this. So I'll add my educated guess of what has happened. Slowness of TE website two days ago was most probably caused by a denial-of-service attack. That is usually done by flooding server resources with superfluous requests in an attempt to overload systems and prevent some or all legitimate requests from being fulfilled. And added checks for human users was obviously considered necessary to keep those ravaging robots away. Annoying of course, but better then uselessly slow website.
- Kari

ikeharel 07-05-2020 12:53 PM

security check to access

Had the same phenomenon since yesterday. Both on Chrom and Edge.I can only hope that TE tech-team installed a super-anti-spam software to protect the site, a slow response could be one phenomenon to this yesterday. Still, it can calibrates to avoide repeating the message after logging in. Ike Harel

Keitht 07-06-2020 08:31 AM

I'm getting a message but don't have to do anything apart from wait 5 seconds before gaining access to the site.

Royaldevon 07-06-2020 12:36 PM

Security Check

I have to complete a security check each time I log on.
I have to prove that I am human !!!!

It is very annoying!

IBJoel 07-06-2020 03:31 PM

Looks like we may have had a DDoS attack. That triggers our CloudFlare protection. Photos seem OK for me now (July 6th). I'll ask tech if there's cause for concern.

jemaflor 07-07-2020 05:44 AM

Thanks, but ...

Thank you for the answer ... but this morning it is still the same manipulations to see the photos ... I had to prove that I was "a human" by recognizing this time a series of photos of bikes .. I successfully completed the exercise with the reward of being able to see the photos on TE, great!
Well, we hope that the problem will finally be resolved ...
Jean

SteveH 07-07-2020 06:07 AM

security check

For me this problem is ongoing - I can no longer access the site using my old ipad2. I get the browser checking message but it never resolves.

emka 07-08-2020 06:59 AM

I must look for every umbrella or bike or plane in several pictures. And it happens several times when I just write my critiques. it is VERY annoying. Will they do something with it soon? How long it will last?MAlgo

emka 07-08-2020 05:57 PM

Today it happened twice, that I wrote a longer critique or something longer on Forum, and before uploading it, I had to be checked if I am human and of course, all I had written was lost. When it is not fixed, I will just leave the site. I am sick and tired with all troubles and bugs.

Malgo

IBJoel 07-08-2020 07:31 PM

What country is everyone accessing the site from? I think that might be a reason after hearing issues with Russian users having trouble with our other sites.

pierrefonds 07-08-2020 08:02 PM

country

I am accessing the site from Canada.

jemaflor 07-09-2020 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 1313888)
What country is everyone accessing the site from? I think that might be a reason after hearing issues with Russian users having trouble with our other sites.

I have to complete a security check, still this morning ... from France. This morning I have to recognize planes ...

Keitht 07-09-2020 08:39 AM

I'm in the UK, using Firefox, and do get into TE after the message about checks. I don't have to identify photos to get in.

holmertz 07-09-2020 09:12 AM

I'm in Sweden, using either Chrome or Safari. I've had to identify bicycles and airplanes several times but in the last couple of days I've just had to wait a few seconds for clearance.
Gert

pierrefonds 07-09-2020 11:43 AM

check

Same this morning, I had to select umbrellas to have access to the site from Canada, I am using Chrome.

Pierre

IBJoel 07-09-2020 04:37 PM

I've asked tech to turn down the sensitivity of the security software for the time being.

worldcitizen 07-09-2020 05:23 PM

I'm in the US, and using Firefox. I am still getting the five second delay with the Cloudflare message. I have also randomly been asked to prove that I'm human. It seems like the issue hasn't been resolved yet...

emka 07-09-2020 10:12 PM

I'm in Poland. I must identify umbrellas, or planes, or bikes, several times day.
Malgo

SteveH 07-12-2020 06:18 AM

I'm in Australia, using Firefox win10 I don't have to prove I'm human (must be obvious :-) ). Using safari I also don't have to prove I'm human, but often the checking the browser doesn't complete - it spins. sometimes it works though.

mkamionka 07-13-2020 11:35 AM

I just have an automatic process which takes up to 5 seconds, each time I start the website.
From UK using Firefox, Chrome or Safari.

ChrisJ 07-14-2020 10:35 AM

I get this now every time I try to load a photo. Please fix.

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://www.trekearth.com/upload.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

IBJoel 07-14-2020 02:25 PM

Try bypassing your browser's cache: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...ass_your_cache

Uploading page works fine for me

EDIT: I did encounter some issues on other IB sites that I believe were the result of some maintenance on our servers. It does appear OK now.

ChrisJ 07-14-2020 05:57 PM

Still getting this. Just like the pub with no beer, a photo sharing site that won't share photos!

This site canít be reached

The webpage at https://www.trekearth.com/upload.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

gervaso 07-15-2020 01:17 PM

It's been more than a week I can't see any photos on TE. After more than 15 years posting photos here, I decided to leave this site definetely, as it's getting worse every day, since it was acquired by IB, with absolutely no maintenance now!

IBJoel 07-15-2020 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gervaso (Post 1313958)
It's been more than a week I can't see any photos on TE. After more than 15 years posting photos here, I decided to leave this site definetely, as it's getting worse every day, since it was acquired by IB, with absolutely no maintenance now!

I need you to post a screenshot here so I can see what you're seeing.

jemaflor 07-16-2020 06:14 AM

Pity !

Quote:

Originally Posted by gervaso (Post 1313958)

Pity that you think to leave TE, we appreciate your posts ....

jemaflor 07-16-2020 06:17 AM

And it's always the same problem !

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 1313963)
I need you to post a screenshot here so I can see what you're seeing.

Thank Joel for your answer but ... the problem continues ... this morning as usual we have to prove that we are human! Clearly, the current TE maintenance team seems overwhelmed to solve this problem! And TE to continue to be deserted by several loyal members ... What will be the last to post photos and continue to make comments and keep the website alive?
So, still have to do the security manipulations this morning and prove that I am a human ... But I realized that this security check is not very precise! I was asked to click on the photos of planes ... I tried to click on any photos, at random ... and it works and allows you to access TE and see all the photos normally, is it therefore necessary to be humain and intelligent for such a security check ... it is only boring but really not intelligent!

gervaso 07-17-2020 05:46 PM

Photos seem to be back, after trying to reload some of them manually, but nothing new about the maps...