Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Manamo 2009-04-09 7:36

Tobias, is your birthday april 11th, or november 4th?
I like the ws that was made, but I prefer your original. both convey different emotions. Here, I sense loneliness and the call of duty but in the other, all I see is a cheetah hunting, searching for something moving...Your version is much more subtle. I think a version with levels midway through both versions would work well.

I don't think the compo is optimal though...the cheetah is not centered, it's not on the 1/3 either...it's just too random. It'd like to see where the cheetah looks, so, for me the ideal location for the cheetah would be on the right third to make sure there is some negative space where she is looking at...I also think that there is a bit too much sky here...

see you,

Marc

Old 04-09-2009, 03:53 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Manamo: Cheetah

Hi Marc,
very funny you askin if I have on 4.11 or 11.4
My Birthday is at the 4.11 but my brother has the 11.4
(my parents did well^^)
A lot of people chaning that.
Thanks for your words
The problem is I hadn´t the chance to have another pov
There are only some path where the safari cars are allowed to drive.The cheetah walked a bit away to look for its cub.
We didn´t see it until it claimed on the small hill because of the lenght of the grass.
Another point was that our safari guide told us that its looking for its cub and that he would prefer to wait on this place to see mum with baby.So we did.
The light is not perfect I know
It was rainy at this moment and very dark I had to do a lot at the PS.
Thanks and take care
Toba
Old 04-09-2009, 04:15 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Manamo: Cheetah

oh, I see, so saturday will be your bro's birthday, but yours is in november...alright!

too bad about the point of view, I really think it would improve the shot. You have a long life ahead and I'm sure other occasions will come!

You're lucky to travel that much! I'm a bit jealous because you already have been to many places I really want to travel to...

take care,

MC