Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-06-2009, 04:35 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Size of photo's

Hi all, lovely pics on here. I would like to share some but my files are too large. I was wanting some tips to reduce the size of the photographs so I can share them here. I don't have any software like photoshop. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou and kind regards.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:25 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Size of photo's

HI !
There is a lot of free downloadable software in the www.
eg. irfanview.com
Or you can download a 30 day free version of adobe photoshop,
and when you never switch of your computer it`s free forever........
Regards,Leo
Old 10-20-2009, 12:16 PM
TE Newbie

I've been using VSO Image Resizer which is a free download for a little over a year. It gives you a wide range of changing format, size, density and a wole lot of other things. Easy to play with and figure out all the things it can do.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:16 PM
TE Newbie

I've been using VSO Image Resizer which is a free download for a little over a year. It gives you a wide range of changing format, size, density and a whole lot of other things. Easy to play with and figure out all the things it can do.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:44 PM
TE Senior Member

thankyou all for your advice! I am using Px resizer and it has been great! Thanksyou and regards.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:28 PM
TE Newbie

Here's my suggestion. Obviously you want the best quality and to keep image forever. Get Photoshop, create a master PSD (72 pixels/inch) .... make the background layer transparent, add your new frame layer (white, black, thick, thin) with longest side of 800px (TREK's max dimension) with transparent cutout... name this file "Master TREK library". From this point on, create a new layer for each photo under the frame layer with cutout. It's a good idea to open your big photo separately in Photoshop, then use the command "Save for Web..." under the File menu and resize to jpg in the dialog box. Then open this new web file again and copy/paste into your master PDF with frame. Many photo layers (one for each photo) can be created, with each layer/photo retouched, cropped, etc separately and stored all in one master TREK file. When time to publish a photo, open master, hide other layers then again use the "Save for Web..." to create the upload which will automatically be at the proper resolution and dimensions with frame etc.... hope this helps...