Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great worldcitizen 2009-12-10 11:38

Hello Eileen,
This is a lovely castle, and I really like the old stones and the small footbridge on the left. Have you figured out how to straighten your photos? I noticed some others in your gallery that have a slight tilt. If you let me know which software you are using, I can try to help. :-) With practice, and all of the good advice from other members, you'll definitely see a difference in your presentation in no time. Thanks for the good note, too!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:56 PM
TE Newbie

Default To worldcitizen: Berkeley Springs Castle

Hi Brenda,

Thank you so much for your offer. I do have a bit of a problem with crooked horizons and such. I've been trying to be more observant as I take my photos lately but would like to fix the ones that need it. I have Photoshop Elements but haven't learned to use all of its tools yet. So, I'll be happy for any advice. Thanks.
Eileen
Old 12-10-2009, 11:45 PM
TE Expert

Default To Eileen: Straightening a photo...

Hello Eileen,

I am using a different software than you, but I did a quick Google search, and there are free tutorials on-line to become more familiar with Photoshop Elements tools. You can find them on the main website. There are also probably tutorials directly in your software as well. I am mostly using Microsoft Picture It software. Under the section of "format" there is an option to "straighten picture". It is very simple to use. You just find a line that you would like to straighten, and the photo will automatically be straightened, and recropped.

I am sure you will get around to playing with all of the tools eventually.

Have a fun! :-)
Brenda