but only one to show!

Domage...
Old 04-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Banned

Talking One shot!...

Hi Donato!
Yes… it's a little short… one shot!…
But it's an other history...
And this thread is not the place to speak of it... no polemic!
But I always enjoy coming back on TE, and sometimes to intervene "to help" the colleagues who look for the answers to their questions...
Basic technique... How to get details in the image...
My other photo website? It's you sufficient to look for on my so short public profile!!
My choice... only mine!
Captain! Have a very good day!!
With my best regards...
And see you later! Yes?!...
Alain
Old 04-22-2010, 04:09 PM
TE Expert

Thumbs up ça va

Oui Alain,

je suis d'accord: no polemic!
juste surpris.
Je n'avais pas vu la connexion à Flickr...
Merci et bonne soirée,
Donato
Old 04-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Banned

Wink ...

No problem Donato!
E felice serata!!
Cordialement, alain
Old 04-23-2010, 09:13 PM
TE Senior Member

Smile Interesting messages!

Indeed, interesting messages, specially that regarding Donato's clever opinions! Stefano's solution for the "problem" is also interesting, but as many ones have said, I really wouldn't like to comment about pictures I really don't like! I always choose the most attractive for me, specially when they deal with what I mostly enjoy seeing, that is: landscapes and cityscapes throughout the World!
Backslapping... yes, I've done it already! Don't quite agree with that though and, yes, I've got quite irritated about that happening here in this site! Once, fed up with everything and with the moderators, I erased my entire gallery and went away! However, didn't find anything similar and came back, definitely decided to cope with all the problems and enjoy it as much as I can! That's what I've been doing since then!
This has got to be fun! No use getting irritated and mad about it! It's part of human nature doing that... don't we all find that in our daily routine with workmates and so forth? Just go on without worrying about it! Find what mostly attracts you, look at the TE members works, comment on the pictures if you feel like doing it! Expect to have feedback on your work too, but here, my friends, no comments no feedback!
All for now!
Best regards to you all!
Enjoy the site!
Neyvan
Old 04-23-2010, 09:14 PM
TE Senior Member

Indeed, interesting messages, specially that regarding Donato's clever opinions! Stefano's solution for the "problem" is also interesting, but as many ones have said, I really wouldn't like to comment about pictures I really don't like! I always choose the most attractive for me, specially when they deal with what I mostly enjoy seeing, that is: landscapes and cityscapes throughout the World!
Backslapping... yes, I've done it already! Don't quite agree with that though and, yes, I've got quite irritated about that happening here in this site! Once, fed up with everything and with the moderators, I erased my entire gallery and went away! However, didn't find anything similar and came back, definitely decided to cope with all the problems and enjoy it as much as I can! That's what I've been doing since then!
This has got to be fun! No use getting irritated and mad about it! It's part of human nature doing that... don't we all find that in our daily routine with workmates and so forth? Just go on without worrying about it! Find what mostly attracts you, look at the TE members works, comment on the pictures if you feel like doing it! Expect to have feedback on your work too, but here, my friends, no comments no feedback!
All for now!
Best regards to you all!
Enjoy the site!
Neyvan
Old 04-23-2010, 09:15 PM
TE Senior Member

All for now!
Best regards to you all!
Enjoy the site!
Neyvan

Old 04-26-2010, 06:33 PM
TE Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcell View Post
I suggest a new way to comment the images here.
I propose that each member has a certain number (10 for example) of RANDOMLY SELECTED photos posted by other members that he/she can comment each day.
In this way comments will be genuine, as there is no way to create "scratch each-other back" relationships, and the focus will no longer be on the number of points given-received, but on the comment itself.
I am pretty sure that this would improve the ability of self-criticism.
Seeing pictures that receive tens of "wow !" for a less than average postcard view is ridiculous.
It does not help at all to improve in photography, and disabling points, as some authors do, does not help to solve the problem.
The problem here on TE right now is not "points yes or no", but that the critics are very rarely honest.

Stefano
Stefano,
I understand and I share your frustration about the “smiling system” which obviously doesn`t work. The problem with your idea is that I would not permit ANYONE to choose for me which photos should I comment on.
I have to confess that I do not comment too much anyways, which is bad enough but when I do it I always look at the newest pictures first and comment on those. If I have more time, I do comment on those who have already did it for me.
Unfortunately the problem is not just here on trekearth but everywhere, on every photography website I`ve ever been more or less. I still have yet to find a system which works…
I have my points disabled for a long time and maybe it doesn`t solve the problem in general but it does solve (kind of…) my problem in particular.
Otherwise, here on trekearth you get what you`re looking for: you want smileys you get smileys; you want to learn about photography you can learn about that but I fail to see the connection between the smileys and knowledge. It looks I`m not alone
Anyways, I promise I will only give you honest critiques…and no smileys cause they are disabled
Nelu
Old 04-27-2010, 10:13 PM
TE Expert

Arrow Disable points

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcell View Post
In this way comments will be genuine, as there is no way to create "scratch each-other back" relationships
I respect your suggestion. I think that disabled points solve some of the problems.
I guess relationships (and even 'scratch each-other back') is not a problem for those who have the points off.