Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2012-09-15 11:22

Hello Farhat,
Your Calcutta series contains some really interesting photos. They're not always technically perfect, but you have an eye for people and their way of life and survival that is more important. I have enjoyed Calcutta as one of the most interesting and photogenique cities in the world, but you as a local can approach the reality ín an entirely different way. Maybe I would even be a bit shy to take some of the pictures you show us. This one is so typical of the city, or really any place in India, so maybe I wouldn't even think of it. Seeing the man stretched out in a place like this, totally lacking privacy, is quite touching. Making this in B&W was a good decision.
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 09-15-2012, 08:02 PM
TE Newbie

Smile To holmertz: Thanks

Hello Gert

Thanks for appreciating my series on Calcutta.I try to be honest as far as practicable while taking snapshots on the streets.Its not always possible to take shots with lot of time like in this snap when I took it while walking.As a result some technical faults cannot be taken care of all the time. As a matter of fact most of these shots have been taken on a compact camera( canon powershot S 100) as it is cumbersome to carry DSLR( Nikon D90) for daily life images.But in my next series on landscape I shall be able to overcome many of these technical problems and certainly improve upon my photography with valued suggestions from you.
Thanks a lot.

Keep sharing and critiquing,

Best Regards
Farhat