Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delpeoples 2012-09-15 22:42

Gidday UndercoverRay

hehehe your last critique telling me about your costumes had me in stitches. Did you ever read A Confederacy of Dunces? It's among my favourite books and all this talk about costumes reminded me of our hero The Working Boy. Anywa, to your photo. Great colours, the warm light is magical and I love the graphism accentuated by the horses and men in military line up. The architectural backdrop is stunning. A well composed and beautifully executed photo.

Best regards and try not to get into too much mischief with your dress ups
Lisa

Old 09-16-2012, 01:35 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To delpeoples: from Working Boy

Gidday ItaliaLisa,

I have not read "Confederacy of Dunces" but I will check it out.
I did read "The Little Prince" so many many moons ago as required in my Speech class at Calif State University Los Angeles.

If you have not tried it, wear a costume to an event. I am going to a small celebration on the first railroad west of the Mississippi, Sacramento to Folsom, and on to El Dorado, Placerville, in the 1850s.
I will have by trusty Canon around my neck, and wear a fur trapper costume; my female companion will dress as a Chinese Saloon Dancer.
It really eases people to make them laugh or take interest. Though not everybody is pleased, and I stop photographying them immediately.

Have an excellent and rewarding Spring, etc...
Sincerely Ray Windbum Anderson

PS: My condolences for being married to a Celt. I am one fourth Irish, and that part of me gets me into trouble, etc...