Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2015-04-06 3:10

Hello Marion,

Once again you have written a very interesting and informative note and also given us a very fine photograph to accompany it. A real tribute to the hard work and inspiration of Victorian engineers and architects. I'm guessing that the system here in Leicester was pretty much on the lines of the fabulous works done by Sir Joseph William Bazalgette in London just a little earlier in the 19th Century.

A very well composed photograph which must have been taken in very difficult lighting conditions. O.K., there's a little overexposure in the distant windows but you have still managed to retain detail in the huge flywheels, the gauges and ornate columns perfectly. Lovely light and colours, perfect exposure and excellent depth of field and sharpness too. But how on earth did you manage to hold your camera still for 1/8 second? - I'm guessing that you didn't have a tripod for this one.

Fabulous!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:03 PM
TE Junior Member

Smile To tyro: Steam Driven

Thank you again John- It was tricky lighting and ,as there is only a narrow opening between the two sets of wheels, it was impossible to miss the light as it is the same on both sides and not enough room to manoeuvre. Parr for the course in these places though. As for holding still that length of time ,fortunately I have a good anti -shake system, mind you even that fails me sometimes as I wave about like corn in the wind .
A small but very interesting place and you would love it when they actually have the steam beam engines running. If you are ever in Leicester visit this and the National Space centre right next door to it. 200 years of history in one day
Glad you like it

Marion.