Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2018-01-14 11:01

Hello Craig,
Yes, why hide a picture like this for so long? I am sure you also have great photos from India that you have kept secret for years. I like this MUCH better than your last photo. It's a straightforward picture, maybe not extremely artistic, but it is well composed and well cropped and you found a number of really attractive buildings (at least from a colour point of view; I probably wouldn't like to live in any of them). Even most of the laundry matches the pink and grey theme perfectly well.
Best wishes,
Gert

Old 01-14-2018, 07:16 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: artistic

Hi Gert
thanks as always.

i wanted to make a comment about being artistic...and its not a comment about you or me or THIS photo or any other of my photos in particular...just a general comment and thought on the subject.

when posting a photo on TE, I have found it to be a catch 22...do you know what that means? I'm asking because I know english isn't your #1 language, but i"m sure you know what it means

if I post something 'artistic' there will always be people who don't appreciate it and find it too 'out of the box'.

If i post something straight forward some people will say its not artistic enough hahaha...see what I mean?

no matter which way a photographer goes, there will always be an unhappy side I guess

but thats also the beauty of photography, its so subjective and personal. Maybe i'll look for some creative compositions and post them...see what the TE Members say Think of it as an experiment haha

As for my UP wards photo, like my previous one, I think of that as being creative because its not a view we as people usually see, taking photos almost directly UP in the sky. sometimes it works out, sometimes not. Its too bad the lighting wasn't 100% in my favour in that one - so i agree its dark and mostly in shadow. too bad, but what can you do right?

now you got me thinking about some creative compositions....I'll take a look and see
thanks again