Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2018-01-29 0:26

Hi Craig,

WOW!!! Now I realise what I miss when I'm absent from TE for a few weeks!

This is an absolutely fabulous trio of photographs of this group of buildings in Chicago and very well worth all the effort you went to in order to achieve the perfect viewpoints for all the shots. Incidentally, was your stay at Mr. Trump's hotel/tower an enjoyable experience - apart from just allowing you access to the sky lounge?

Like yourself, I'm having difficulty choosing my favourite out of your three images. I particularly like your low viewpoint looking up to the tall buildings swathed in mist but your main picture was probably the best choice, particularly as that must have been the one which cost you the most!!

Just as some photographers have an innate ability to shoot good portraits or landscapes, you have a brilliant skill in capturing buildings - and this little trio is no exception.

Bravo!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:35 AM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: Trump Experience

Hi John
great to read your critiques as usual, and thanks for the compliments
It was really expensive staying here, I won't tell you the amount as its quite embarassing! But you only live once right! and it was only 1 night, so what the heck!

In some ways I felt like I was treated like royalty, and in some ways i felt I was treated as an outsider. It depended on who was working. Most of the people staying here are business types or wealthy types in suits etc...thats NOT ME!
So when i was walking into the hotel I would get strange looks from the staff, I was even questioned on one occasion, and I was 'secretively' followed by a security staff on another occasion - as if I wouldn't know he's following me in the Lobby - I can tell buddy! He was making sure I had a key to unlock the elevator, which confirmed to him I was a paying guest. Overall they were very good to me, and the room was amazing with amazing city views. It was a positive experience overall, and i'm glad I did it!

thanks again John, hope to see you around
Craig
Old 01-29-2018, 06:40 PM
TE Expert

Wow, I Haven't read the whole note , anyway I didn't notice you were the guest of Trump Tower Hotel. Wooow. Not for me such extravagance. In Booking com Superior King Room costs 212 USD per night. Probably worth the money to have the view like in piture but I prefer to spend several mnights in hostel instead.

Bih hugs for you both.

MAlgo