Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2019-08-27 1:30

Hello Craig, Sometimes I think you are kind of a pessimist. Why should you be disappointed? Taj Mahal is one of the most beautiful places in the world, so there is no need to explain that you liked it. I noticed it also in your critiques. Anyway, even if you saw it in thousands of photos and in movies, it is quite different to see in person. The other thing is that when there are too many people, the impression could be spoiled. And how to show in a way it was not presented before? I loved Taj Mahal, I have some hundreds of pictures but it seemed to me that all was shown already. I stood in a similar place, as you can see in my WS.

KInd regrads MAlgo

Old 08-27-2019, 08:49 AM
TE Expert

Default To emka: disappointing

Hi Malgo
i'm sure with all of your travelling, you were excited to see a specific city, monument, sculpture, castle, bridge etc.....but it turned out to be disappointing for whatever reason. That's all i'm saying...and bc it was the Taj Mahal, such a world renowned place, I wanted to keep my expectation level down. For example, I have heard from many people the Great Wall of China was actually quite disappointing in real life.
that sort of thing, but its all subjective anyways. and as for the crowds, I didn't really experience that large large crowds, thats why I arrived super early, it was a smart decision!