Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Furachan 2005-12-21 3:54

This is excellent, Sheila, like the beginning of a great movie adventure - an entire people moving, moving...we know not where. Realy fine B/W treatment too.
First rate,
Cheers,
Francis
ps If I might risk an observation. Looking through your portfolio, there are lots of good situations, ideas, etc. that would be enhanced by the use of shallow DOF...and that would mean getting an SLR (rather than the A95 you use now). Is that an something you are considering right now?

Old 12-21-2005, 11:06 AM
TE Newbie

Default To Furachan: SLR

Hi Francis,

Yes, in fact, I agree with you 100 per cent. However, I have only recently bought my A95 (in May - relatively recently) as I just started taking photography more seriously. So right now, my funds for another good camera is quite low. With my situation, I'm just looking around for better lenses that I can add on to my camera. Right now, I'm aware that I can add on various lenses if I use an adapter.

I know also know that I can also create shallower DOF with Photoshop. However, I'm also quite rusty with PP as well...

Any good ideas?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:29 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Furachan: SLR

There is no real way around getting an SLR with a wideangle basic zoom AND the all important 50mm f1.8
Now the good news is that two very affordable cameras give you stunning results: the Nikon D50 and the Canon Eos 350D. Of the two (even thugh I am a Canon guy) I would recommend the D50 - vetry comfortable body, super fast and really comes up with the goods, in he right hands. Adding bokeh in PS is...uh...not really cool somehow and natural bokeh is much better to. Adding lenses to the A95 is laborious and probably won't do the job.
I only mentioned that because I tried to imagine how your work would look with that option available to you.
I am not trying to ruin you financially, lol!