Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great nwoehnl 2004-04-13 8:11

Looks like this one was a close call, Robbert. The motor boat really looks close to the sailing boat. While the position of the motor boat very much emphasizes the point you make in your note, I think it puts the composition a bit off-balance, as everything happens in the left half, and the right part of your picture is just water and sky. Colors and detail however are fresh and on spot as usual.

Old 04-13-2004, 03:16 PM
TE Newbie

Default To nwoehnl: Thanks

Hi Norbert,

You are right. Thanks for you comments.

BTW: A question: I couple of days ago you posted a scanned picture. I have a Epson scanner. I want to scan a couple of my old OM-10 Pictures. There are very sharp pictures, but when i scan they become soft and unsharp. What is the problem you think???
Old 04-13-2004, 03:37 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To nwoehnl: Thanks

Difficult to say, Robbert. I still experiment a lot with my scanner when scanning prints, like changing the scanning resolution/DPI, but seem to get varying results from pictures I'd consider perfectly sharp. There is a short older <A HREF="http://www.trekearth.com/read.php?f=5&t=3277&m=9740">thread</A> in the "Tips-Techniques" forum; I suggest you just try smoe more and if you don't get good results why don't you pop the question in that technical forum. I'm sure some of the guys who know better than I might offer some better help than I'm able to do here ;-)

Cheers -
Norbert