Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great spence 2006-03-29 3:30

Hello Pat... great saturated colours and gorgeous scenery you've captured here. I love the composition, it seems very well balanced and harmonious, much more so than in yesterday's post (hope you don't mind me saying so). The sunlit pink flowers create a lovely interest in the foreground. Nice shot. And now you've got me humming that old "North to Alaska" song about finding gold near the Yukon River....thanks!

Old 03-29-2006, 03:53 PM
TE Expert

Default To spence: No I appreciate critiques

so I'm trying to understand the ways that the <A HREF="http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/North_America/Canada/photo348856.htm">Yukon River shot </A> presented itself as unbalanced and inharmonious. The relationship between the boat and the canyon gave a sense of tilt? Placing the front of the boat in the picture was intrusive to the canyon scene? Too much water? I adjusted the levels for the canyon and the clouds separately so as to not blow out the sky? TFS, Pat
Old 03-30-2006, 12:26 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To spence: No I appreciate critiques

No, no, no, Pat – I didn’t mean it’s unbalanced and unharmonious. What I meant was that, for me, it’s not quite as WELL balanced and harmonious as this one – there’s a difference :). Sorry if it sounded harsh because in fact there’s so much to love about that shot – the colours and texture in the rockface are fantastic, the water as well, great sky, etc etc. I quite like the tilt – I agree with Adrian. I think a lower angle would have been good, and getting a little more depth but less width on the boat so that the boat would intrude a bit more into the expanse of water. I’m not a great analyst, so I hope this makes some sort of sense.
Anyway – all very well for me to say all this, but I wasn’t in the middle of the rapids trying to compose a shot :)))
Old 03-30-2006, 07:44 AM
TE Expert

I see critiques as sharing one's POV, so in that sense, we're all experts on our own POV. I respect your photographic vision so I was particularly interested in your POV, but now I think I was being too demanding of your time. Sorry about that.
Regards, Pat
Old 03-31-2006, 12:56 AM
TE Junior Member

No need to be sorry ... I was happy to try to answer your questions. TE simply wouldn't work without the investment of time in our own and others photos:)