Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-14-2006, 03:30 PM

Default Goodbye…

Well, I’ve decided to end my participation in TE… I wish to thank all the members/friends who helped me A LOT in improving my photography with their good advices, cooperation, inspirational photos and especially humbleness.

I appreciated that a lot! :-)

Hope that in the time I’ve been here, I also contributed to help others improving their skills, and could transmit the little knowledge I have over the photographic art to them.

Unfortunately I could not meet any of you in person except Jack Johanson – jrj - when he came to Portugal, which I enjoyed a lot. I always hoped I could have attended to some meetings, but could never afford the trips. That’s one the things that most saddens me. :-(

For those wishing to look at my work just type: WWW.FOTOELIAS.COM.

I already have some new photos there and plan to add some more as time goes by, even knowing that I will not receive the appreciation or the useful critiques I had here.

Who knows in the future I’ll return or even write some critiques when I feel like it.

Those wishing to contact me feel free to do it, as I keep my contact active in my intro page. Any advices over a photo, or help for a trip in Portugal, you’re welcome to ask. :-)

Well, that’s about it.

Goodbye and THANK YOU ALL!
Old 07-14-2006, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Goodbye…

I almost forgot. The greatest thanks for Adam who made, and makes all this possible, and for the great site he built here!

:-)
Old 07-14-2006, 03:56 PM
TE Junior Member

I'm sorry you felt compelled to remove all your photos. You've been here a long time. Goodbye Jose, and good luck...
Old 07-14-2006, 04:05 PM
TE Expert

big loss for TE Jose. If you feel like you need to leave then we will miss you but why erase your history on TE? You should have kept your photos incase you ever feel like returning.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:17 PM

Hi Rafal,

I had to erase them because I felt they were acting like an anchor which was holding me for too long, and I really needed to get away effectively.

When I’m committed with something, I’m really committed with it...

I will still keep the critiques I wrote, for now at least. I kept copies of the pages of my photos so I didn’t loose the nice comments and advices I received along these years, and also by respect to the efforts of people.

If I return I’ll just start again from the beginning.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:41 PM
TE Expert

I wrote to Adam begging him to flush this entire thread down the toilet, my dear friend, because I could see you leaving, I could feel it, man, and I DID NOT WANT THAT.
This is very upsetting. I mean I've been known to delete the odd photo(s), did it last night but...you now, this is a different order of magnitude.
I want to tell you something, Jose: it's not worth it, whatever arguments came down from Luko or whatever... Remember this about Luko - he's a very clever guy and sometimes what e says stings and it comes out wrong maybe, but deep down he's a very caring guy, a stand-up guy who has taught everybody here tons of stuff. But let's talk abut you.
You are one of the most passionate, devoted members of this little family here, your photos are full of warmth and meridional flair. Your Polish pics showed a whole new side of you and they were wonderful too. The work you did on the TE Book was extraordinary.
I am URGING you to reconsider, man. F...k the pics, hey, I've deleted many, many and i've got plenty left in me - I couldn't even look at the ones from a year ago.
Start again, slowly, one by one, put up the mew ones, brother, because many, many here love you for your humor and your convictions and generous humanity. This is not just "some guy" leaving, and I will not let you go that easily - I'm surprised everyone else is being so meek about it.
Tell me you will sleep on it (hell with the deletions...upload again, starting tomorrow).
My 02 cents anyway...
Soon,
Francis
Old 07-14-2006, 05:00 PM

It's a great shame that we are losing both a long standing member and a lot of good photo's too. I just ask the you don't have your account deleted or all your critiques will disappear as well.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:01 PM
TE Expert

Sometime I mis things here so I dont know what went down with Luko, although I doubt it was because of him, I could feel you withdrawing from this place Jose. But the pics, they should have stayed.

Its a real shame Jose. You were one of the pillars of this place and one more big name leaving us. I suppose its natural, old members leave, new ones show up. A cycle that happens in every community in the world. I think though that you shouldnt have erased the photos. Just forget them, leave for a few months, dont look back. Then decide to erase if you feel like never coming back. Its a great loss though to see you go Jose.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:05 PM
TE Expert

My dear Francis,

José Elias is NOT Mário Lopes and Mário Lopes is NOT José Elias. Just in case.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:27 PM
TE Expert

Damn, Gal, now I feel really foolish, but still losing an active member in good standing is always a sad thing.