Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Propofol 2007-05-30 0:29

This is really lovely, Warren. The low wide angle gives a great composition, and the long exposure gives the water a beautiful soft blur.

The colours have become a little strange, I think as the result of some chromatic aberration at having stopped down so much. I know my Canon lenses do the same thing beyond about f/16, and certainly at f/22. The old ND4 or ND8 might have helped here - I love mine!

Old 05-30-2007, 08:18 AM
TE Newbie

Default To Propofol: ND filter

I know, I really need to splurge on one - camera equipment is a bit more dear here in Oz - but I am shooting so much here that I need to pick one up. Which one do you recommend ND4 v 8 and any recommendation on brands?
Old 05-30-2007, 09:32 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Propofol: ND filter

I got a Hoya ND4 and ND8 from an online business called center.net.au, based out near the airport here in Melbourne. I think they were about $50 each. I must admit that I don't use the ND4 all that much; when I want to blur a subject out (usually water, like you did) I tend to want the longest exposure I can get. The Hoya ones are nice in that they're threaded and stackable (ie. I've taken some very long exposures with the ND4 threaded onto the ND8...)