Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great stego 2007-09-17 16:55

Hi Sarah,

It's really a beautiful place. The compo is very well done, full of depth and graphically rich (the shoreline, the islands, tree trees, the dried treem the empty bench, the clouds...) and I feel an attractive sense of peace while looking at it.

However, I feel that there some things that are a bit disappointing. It may sound a contradiction with what I wrote before, but honestly it isn't, because they aren't enough to make so great damage to the whole image and I suspect that it simply wasn't possible to avoid: it looks a bit tilted, the tree and the bench don't detach themselves much from the bg and perhaps the fg is a bit too dark.

The WS is also beautiful and I like the bench and the light better, but the compo isn't that appealing (the centred islet may have something to do with it but it isn't the only thing) and it lacks the atmosphere of this one. I prefer this one!

Regards, José.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:23 AM
TE Newbie

Default To stego: A question

Thanks Jose,
Can I ask you a question? Can you see any difference in the quality of this photo compared to the others? It's a new camera which is considerably better. Still, maybe I should post some more photos for you to compare...
Sarah
Old 09-18-2007, 03:03 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To stego: A question

You're welcome, Sarah.

Sorry, I don't notice any difference in quality, but that is no surprise for me. With such an difficult light, it's impossible to compare with others shot with easier light.

I have the impression that often it's hard to notice the differences in the quality of shots done by a very good camera and another cheap one when the light is "easy" (sunny without dark shadows, for instance) by looking at a 800x600 px image.

The differences only stand out in larger formats and/or adverse light situations.

Maybe your older camera couldn't render a so nice shot with that early evening light.