Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-21-2003, 03:35 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Forward & backward Options - To Adam

Hi Adam,

When I'm watching new photos in the gallery, and if I want to see a full size photo, I double click the photo. then when I want to go back I click the back arrow at my browser's toolbar, and I get back to gallery, and then I go to the next photo. Because of this procedre, I do not have enough time to watch all photos in full size, but only as thumbnails. In that case I miss a lot of good photos - some excellent photos do not look atractive as thumbnails.
What I suggest is to add a "next photo" and "previous photo" buttons on the photo screen (near the title of each image).
this seems to be a very simple feature, but it will enable us members, to surf easily from one photo to another.

Thanks,

Yitzhak Avigur
Old 09-22-2003, 04:00 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Forward & backward Options - To Adam

"this seems to be a very simple feature"

This would not be a very simple feature to implement for various reasons, but it's a good idea. Once I finish with group themes etc. I may add this in.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:05 AM
TE Senior Member

For now you can right-click on thumbnail photos and select the "Open in New Window" (or similar) option. When done with that photo, close that browser. This way you need not have to click the back button & wait for the thumbnails to redraw themselves each time.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:00 AM
TE Newbie

good tip mdchachi - i was thinking the same thing - doing that really speeds up surfing time on a slower connection.

Another easy way to do the same thing - is hold down the left shift key when left clicking. That opens up another window too and works quicker if your in position to do so.