Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Cortez236 2008-08-11 12:33

Hello Roberto,
This is a scene of tranquil simplicity. The idea of catching fish for eating-rather than for sport-makes a little more sense to me.
I also like the hazy mountains beyond Koycegiz.

P.S:- would 'Patients' be an acceptable spelling variant for 'Patience' these days??!!

Regards once again Roberto,
David ;)

Old 08-11-2008, 08:19 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To Cortez236: Patience

Hi David, I think you're right if you're talking about the state of our NHS. I think there is some serious statistical juggling going on when the Government talk about waiting times etc. Go private and you'll get seen and sorted in a matter of days sometimes.

Sports fishing in Koycegiz is starting to take off, albeit in a rather small way. A Belgian guy is organizing trips for small groups of anglers from all over Europe. It's bringing some well earned money to the hotels along the front. Carp up to 32kg have been caught, all are in absolutely beautiful condition and are handled with extreme care before returning them to the water. I've yet to catch any myself, and to be honest as I don't have the right gear for carp fishing I'd rather leave it to the experts.

I was hoping to get back out there at the beginning of October to do a bit of work on the house, but the prices of flights has gone up so dramatically it will probably be cheaper to get someone out there to do the work for me.

All the best, Roberto
Old 08-11-2008, 08:59 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Cortez236: Patience

Hiya Roberto, i wasn't actually thinking about the NHS (although the analogy certainly fits!)-i was referring to a recent news report about spelling mistakes being accepted into everyday use, not corrected, which a lecturer called Ken Smith has suggested should be accepted as "variant spellings"-i was stretching the point a little & having a giggle at where this might end-Sorry for any confucian!

Sad to hear you may not get back out to Turkey again this year-i hadn't realized the cost of air flight had climbed so much-though i shouldn't be-as pretty much everything else has.

Anyhow, good to hear from you,
David.