Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great federico 2016-01-18 17:25

hello John really attractive photo, the composition is divided in 2 parts, the perfect lighting looks like an HDR maybe, anyway the result is great
well done
Fred

Old 01-17-2016, 06:20 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To ChrisJ: Hello Chris

Hello Chris,
thank you for this comment and for the link you cited! I checked it out and read the interesting information that page contained. It's not correct, however, that Kos has only 9,000 inhabitants, its population is much larger. I guess that St Paul must have visited the "holy" island of Patmos and maybe had a glimpse of Leros too, but there were not so large audiences on these islands so no significant speech was recorded here. The monastery of Patmos has one of the most significant libraries but it is open only to special guests. Maybe our friend Mesut will have the opportunity to visit it next September, as he will visit the island as a member of the Orthodox Patriarch's delegation!
All the best,
Ourania
Old 01-19-2016, 01:22 AM
TE Expert

Default Patmos

Maybe we are both right. St John wrote the book of revelations on Patmos but St Paul also spent time on Patmos. There are daytrip tours offered to the island from Turkey where it is advertised as Apocalypse or Doomsday Island!