Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great No_One 2016-01-19 11:09

Hi John
I like the sense of open space in this photo. Even though the buildings are tall and very modern and imposing in their space. There is a great sense of opennes and freedom in this,in saying that though, the tallest tower in silhouette like this is rather ominous looking and adds a very unique feel to the photo, really nice.
Cheers
Noel

Old 01-19-2016, 07:06 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Noel_Byrne: Museum of History

Noel,

I shall be showing some totems on display in the Grand Hall, an immense and beautiful area with a view out through those tall windows to the south, the river and the Parliament Buildings. I preferred not to mention this, but the architect is aboriginal and studied both in Vancouver and Austin Texas. I think it a far more beautiful structure than the War Museum built to the west on the LeBreton Flats; and I will show several photos from the latter in due course. The day I visited, many groups were picnicking along the river.

I did not think much of the government changing its name from the Museum of Civilization to the Museum of History. In Secondary School, Ancient and Medieval History, I was introduced to the subject matter by the definition of Civilization, thus, "The long, slow process of learning to be kind" - in my view exactly what we need more of in this day and time.

As always, thank you for your support... Ken