Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great bona 2011-03-04 5:22

Essa é a segunda foto no mês com esse efeito no mar em movimento perto do observador e congelado ao fundo, quero experimentar fazer isso, mas o medo de molhar a camera é grande. 1/8s só com tripé mesmo, conseguiu firmar bem ele na areia.
Lindas cores no fundo, foto bem dramática.
Abraço
Andre

Old 03-04-2011, 11:40 PM
TE Expert

Talking To DariaK: HI Daria

Hi Daria

Thanks so much for your beautiful comment, I'm flattered.

As to your trip to Campania, I'm sure you'll have an unforgettable time, and wish you the very best trip. My Dad is from Campania so I'm a little biassed towards it. But every time I go there I find something new to love. You'll either love or hate the city of Naples, but please don't make the mistake that many people make in avoiding it. In missing Naples, they are missing the heart of the province and the people. Pompeii is of course the best known of the towns destroyed by Vesuvius and is amazing, but the towns of Herculaneum and Castellammare di Stabia also have impressive excavations and are all accessible by the train line Circumsvesuviana, and climbing the volcano is unforgettable. Of course everyone knows Capri, which is a jewel, but the other lesser known islands of Ischia and Procida have their own charm and are much less touristic. Positano, Sorrento and Amalfi are a must, but the towns above and around them (like Ravello, Santa Agata, Maiori, Concha dei Marini, Praiano, Montepertusa, Agerola) are fascinating and alot more untouched. Further down the coast to Salerno there are towns like Palinuro and the ceramic town of Vietri sul Mare. Inland in Caserta, the old town and the royal palace are also worth a look. Just ideas but of course they always depend on your time.

Campania is not best known for its wine, the Veneto and Tuscany regions are probably more famous. But there are still some nice ones like Falanghina from Capri, Lacryma di Cristi del Vesuvio, Aglianico (although the Sicilian one is probably better) and Piedirosso. The Avellino region also makes some nice wines and you can also get good home made wine from some of the grocers. The digestive drink Limoncello is lovely served cold and helps digest the meal. As to cheese, the famous mozzarella di bufala from Salerno, Treccia and Fiordilatte are tasty. Also some provolone and scamorza. My favourite cheese is actually not Campanian, it would be Taleggio - soft and stinky.

If you like seafood Campania is a great place to eat. Spaghetti with clams (and tomatoes) are a typically Southern dish. Prawns, fish (swordfish, bass, bream) roasted, fried or poached with the usual herbs are popular. And of course the famous pizza, where Pizza del Presidente and Pizza di Matteo (Spaccanapoli) are really good and well-priced. Pizzas from Salerno and Vico Equense are also excellent. I have a Theme "My Food Tour of Italy" if it helps at all And yeah don't worry about those green smilies. If a hundred of them got me a new camera well I might change my mind

Thanks again and have a marvellour trip you lucky girl!

Lisa