Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-22-2013, 02:07 PM
TE Newbie

Default To marabu61: Enchanting Manali

Dear Daniel
So nice of you to have a look at this photo. The indian ladies in sari and sandal may appear out of place in countries beyond India but not within India. Sari has been a traditional dress in all regions of india for women. The young ladies are going for a change of their wearing styles but the elders still stick to it. That's a comfortable wear for them. When they move out of India either on a trip or because their kids after getting higher education has settled in those countries, they stick to their traditional wear. The don't adapt to trousers or jeans, even though that one is common everywhere, because of the mental conflict between westernisation of life style and Indian culture. They stick to theirs and often end up making themselves appearing out of place or ill equipped. Where ever you go you will find atleast one Indian Restaurant around----That's the taste of India. Haven''t you ever tried Indian food? I am sure you will fall in love with it, if it is a real Indian food.

Regards

Manisha
Old 07-22-2013, 07:58 PM
TE Junior Member

Default traditions

Hi Manisha
Oh yes, I love indian cuisine, we have been to Rajastan in 2011 for our 25th wedding anniversary (have a look at some of the pictures in my gallery here on TE) and I absolutely adore the Saris that indian women are wearing. And for me it is absolutely OK if they wear it away as well just not on a glacier at 10'000 feet altitude in a highly alpine environment where one should where the appropriate gear for mountaineering. And as much as I love to go to an indian restaurant in town here in Europe, it is so out of place on top of a highly dangerous mountain.
Daniel