Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great djnik2004 2004-10-27 11:54

Nice, work ken, i agree that maybe there is too much foreground and that it takes away some of the focus from the water, apart from that good composition & colours! Could you tell me how you managed to use such a long exposure time without the image being over exposed?? did you use any other artificial factors apart from the polarizer filter? or was it particuarily dark that day???

Old 10-28-2004, 09:50 PM
TE Newbie

Default To adind: Last paragraph

During the eclipse, the earth casts its shadow on the moon (the earth is in front of the sun as seen from the moon). Thus, no more light from the sun passes straight to the earth.

However, the earth is not entirely black when it is over the sun (again, seen from the moon). Actually, the sunrises and sunsets (all those area on earth, at the same time, who are experiencing sunsets and sunrises at that time) carry their orange light to the moon, over the shadow casted by the earth.

Now, why sunsets and sunrises make the sky orange on earth instead of blue, you can read this: http://scifun.chem.wisc.edu/HOMEEXPTS/BlueSky.html

Regards,
Ludovic