Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jwmunro 2009-12-07 14:55

Hello Pat -

I really think you have to try hard not to take a poor image of Ireland. I think I stopped and snapped off few of this bridge myself when I was there in 1999. This image is so IRISH with the flower boxes along the stream, one of the two major churches in the background, and rain clouds in the sky. You did a very nice job managing the light and shadows in this scene. Lovely is a good descriptive word, Well done!

Thank you for sharing.

John

Old 12-25-2009, 03:11 PM
TE Expert

Default To jwmunro: Actually the sky was mostly grey when we

visited Ireland; I had to work hard to capture photos worth posting; this sky was a nice exception. You are right though, there is great beauty in this country, grey or not. It's just that grey light is harder to manage. Anyway, thank you for your critique, it gave me an opportunity to enjoy this trip again.

Sorry I'm slow replying, my Dad died earlier this month and my husband requires more Chemo. While I'm happy that my Dad is sleeping with his love and Larry's doing well; I've been busy. Hope you and Joanie are having a lovely day

Wishing you health, love and joy in the coming year, Pat
Old 12-25-2009, 05:50 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To jwmunro: Actually the sky was mostly grey when we

Hello Pat -

Merry Christmas, even though you have a big hole in the holiday right now with your mom and dad passing this year. Both Joanne and I have been there and done that and things do get better. I heard, from Kath, that Larry had a relapse and I do hope things can get better with this trip around the chemo process. I hope we get to see you both in March in Yosemite.

Best wishes to the both of you

John and Joanne
Old 12-26-2009, 10:04 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To jwmunro: Actually the sky was mostly grey when we

i hope so too. You're right about the hole even though we're all relieved that they are free from suffering.
HLJ, Pat