Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great joseelias 2005-06-21 17:04

Despite the difficulties and your lack of experience in these subjects I’m glad you’ve shown these characters, as they are most interesting. Unfortunately it’s rare in Portugal for these events to happen and I never saw one. :-(
In this image beside the instrument, which is quite curious, I also like his clothes. The POV and framing are nice and the blur in the hand works well in providing the sense of movement. What I think you could have explored in this one was the shallow DOF. Setting the camera to 2.8 would blur the background putting the musician at evidence. That is something which works quite well in photographing people.

Old 06-22-2005, 08:44 AM
TE Expert

Default To joseelias: Setting

Merci José
Les ouvertures maximum de mon zoom 18-55 est f/3.5-f/5.6.
La luminosité n'était pas très favorable.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: To joseelias: Setting

Using a reflex camera I think you can manage to get a good shallow DOF with f/3.5 (contrary to the compact cameras).

Also this would allow you to get a higher shutter speed. I noticed that you had a slow shutter speed for the aperture used so I believe the light was quite low. This could have helped.

Still, the image is quite nice as I said. And it's a question for you to keep trying and experimenting in these new motives. :-)