Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great DiaAzul 2004-07-29 18:24

Oooh look, Stahdl. It's the only german word I acutally know, and learnt it on a trip around Bavaria, Austria, Switzerland and Liechstenstein. For those that don't know a stahdl is the hut thing where the animals are kept.

This captures the lovely scenery of the area beautifully and really captures the magic of the alpine pasture, mountains and summer weather. Your right about the mountains and the clouds, they make a lovely composition.

I'll wait a couple of months though before visiting - I need a bit more snow for my snowboard ;-)

Old 07-30-2004, 02:30 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To DiaAzul: Well, do you?

Snowboarding goes on all the year round on Zugspitze does it not? :)
Old 07-30-2004, 03:04 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To DiaAzul: Well, do you?

That's true, it also goes on all year at the top of the Titlis mountain (though I think by mid-june most of the snow has gone to slush, same fr Zugspitze too, not much fun on the SB).

I used to live in Zurich, so having too much time and mountains so close, it would be very naughty if I didn't give it a go. Now I just miss it terribly in the winter (8am on the first lift up with the sunrise is quite something).
Old 07-30-2004, 04:14 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To DiaAzul: Well, do you?

I took a few shots of the snowboarders on Zugspitze, might post them in the next few days for you. :)