Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great arturo 2006-08-24 16:19

Hi Phillip,

so this is how the retreating glacier works look like...it does appear as human made to be frank...like some mine deposits...well, i'm here 'cause of the background really...funky cloud, deep blue sky and the mountains far in the distance...lovely capture & a very interesting note...cheers, arturo

Old 08-25-2006, 12:31 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To arturo: Man made glaciers

Not sure what you meant by your human-made comment... this is what shallow, slow moving glaciers look like...covered in the debris of the Himalayas that one day will end up as the mud of the Ganges delta in Bangladesh. Very different, isn't it, from the steep, fast moving glaciers we are maybe more familiar with from the Alps, Alaska, Patagonia or New Zealand.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:15 AM
TE Newbie

Default Man made glaciers

i meant the form the debris took...those small piles...they remind me more of a mine site deposits than some glacier work...you're right it's a totally opposite view to what i've seen so far, in the Alps for instance....cheers, arturo