Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Disabled_A 2008-08-29 3:24

Hello David,
I like the nice touching moment captured with your camera :) every thing is absolutely unique in this photo! especially the red box which attracts attention :)
The couple seems to be deeply engrossed in each other's feelings and attention..
best regards,
Elena

Old 08-31-2008, 04:23 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To fanni: Many Thanks

Thanks Elena

I was begiining to think that none of my Philippine photos were good. It is a tough group out there. Seems that few points are given. I thank you for your review of some of mine. With respects - David
Old 08-31-2008, 01:57 PM
TE Expert

Default thank you!

Hello David,
I've come to the conclusion that "few points" does not always mean that photos are bad.
There may be many reasons.. first, you have a daily limit of points (20 photos a day); second, tastes differ; third, TE members have got too used to quite sophisticated or unusual photos and they don't notice photos that depict ordinary life - that is, the moments when nothing extraordinary is going on.
Contemporary world is too fed up with itself, I should say.. Photos are like paintings.. you may dislike Rembrandt's works but he is still one of the greatest artists!

Best regards,
Elena
Old 09-01-2008, 09:32 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: thank you!

Thanks Elena

I understand. For fun I do art - at http://www.chan-art.com. I am not very good. But some have said I am and some say not so great. Personally I am not. If you ever get a chance to see it let me know. Perhaps I will get one point for effort there. It is good that we support each other as I think early pioneers here probably do. With Respects - David, in Beijing China
Old 09-01-2008, 10:01 PM
TE Expert

Default once upon a midnight dreary..

Hello David,
and thank you for your messages!
I don't know if my much earlier message reached you, it was a message about my visiting your gallery of Chan Art. I wrote that I liked it very much.
These paintings are of a peculiar style (I like Chinese paintings in general and I'm interested in Chinese calligraphy as well) which only certain type of people appreciate, that's why, maybe, some people say you're good and some say you're not.

I judge as a painter but an amateur painter, anyway..
I don't consider myself a good painter but my ability to paint has helped me many times, and still helps when I take photos.
But I must add that it's a "double-edged sword" - to be a painter and a photographer at the same time: I feel that I often tend to turn my photos into paintings (which sometimes must not be done), and in some cases it's an obstacle.. and vice versa: sometimes it helps, when I take photos of landscapes.. Maybe it's your case, too? I noticed that in most cases people want to see something sensational, flaring, unusual.. how many paintings can become sensationally unusual? should they be?
Best wishes from Moscow :)
Elena