Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2011-10-03 23:55

Good morning Rosemary,

I am quite jealous that I didn't manage to meet up with you during your TE meet. It sounds from your note and the notes of others that you had a splendid time with Richard, Ann, Martin and Iain! Unfortunately, not too many pictures appeared to be forthcoming from that meet, but this one is just wonderful!

Despite the fact that you say that you have allowed yourself some "artistic licence" with the colours, nonetheless any processing you have used has been done very sympathetically and the picture still looks perfectly believable.

Beautiful colours, stunning reflections in the water (where I can also explore details below the water's surface in the foreground), a lovely sky and perfect composition. And, as usual, spot-on exposure and perfect sharpness and detail.

Beautiful!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. I guess you are now home in Namibia: I am sorry that we didn't manage to meet up before your departure from Scotland but I reckon you must have been pretty busy during your trip. Some other time, maybe!

Old 10-04-2011, 06:29 PM
TE Expert

Smile To tyro: Sorry we didn't meet up!

Hello John

I was so sorry that we had no opportunity to meet up in Scotland, I really did enjoy meeting with the Cropredy Oak Preservation Society and to get together in your neck of the woods would have been excellent. Time and schedules just got in the way!

Scotland, despite very mixed weather, was FANTASTIC. What a wonderful country and such friendly people. I shall have to come back some day. Our eldest son lives in York so it is just a short train journey from him.

We did speak, albeit after a few drinks, about having a Namibia TE meet. Maybe, if it happens, you and your wife could join us?

I'm pleased you like the shot. I am drawn more and more to landscapes and the greens of the UK were stunning. I shall post some "north of the border" shots soon, I have a mountain od images to look through!

I trust all went well with your daughter's wedding.

Warm regards

Rosemary