Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great annjackman 2011-10-05 23:30

Hi Rosemary,
Glad your trip was successful and that you are safely back home. That day with the TE members was great fun and this picture is a fine memory of the day. The 'artistic licence' with the colour is very effective and has brightened up the slightly dull light that day. I like the depth to this photo - even the folly far in the distance shows up well here. Did you consider cropping off the sky to above the trees? It makes the picture different but I am not necessarily suggesting better.
A really lovely image, beautifully taken.
Best wishes, Ann

Old 10-06-2011, 10:01 AM
TE Expert

Smile To annjackman: Thank you!

Hello Ann - yes, I'm back in Windhoek after haveing a super time in the UK. I really did appreciate all the effort that you all put into the TE meeting and hope we can repeat the event one day .... Namibia?

Glad you like the shot, as you know the light was less than kind that day and dealing with it is quite different from the strong Namibian sunlight. I had a look at cropping the shot when I read your thoughts. I have to say though that the sky adds balance and depth to the landscape and although it is not a stunning sky, I think it works here.

How's baby?

Warm regards to both you and Dave

Rosemary