Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2013-07-12 8:41

Ciao Cara Lisa,

I'm glad I read your notes for those wet prints were something of a curiosity!
Back to the main shot! I just love your viewpoint which uses the diverging lines of the pool to draw the viewers into the spreading, wide angle of the shot. The predominating blues register a coolness, a chill, confirmed by the lack of eager bathers! The sky offers hope. The touches of pink and amber give the suggestion of warmth!

What are the temperatures that you experience in winter? Does it get very cold?

Have a great w/e,
Bev :-)

Old 07-13-2013, 03:32 AM
TE Expert

Smile To Royaldevon: Aussie Winter

Dear Bev

Thanks for the kind critique.

Winter in Sydney is very mild. It got down to 7 centigrade over night which is pretty cold for here. It will often reach to 23 centigrade during the day, although its been about 19 centigrade all week. Further north, in Queensland and the Northern Territory, it can still get in the late 20s and 30s, but mind you, much of the Northern Territory is desert. I trust you're enjoying our warm summer.

Cheers
Lisa
Old 07-13-2013, 07:18 AM
TE Expert

Talking Warm Summer!

Cara Lisa, It is wonderful! We have not had a long, warm period, like this for quite a while. You can imagine what fun it is to dine alfresco, to rediscover sun dresses, to sit out late at night in the garden! Everyone seems to be so much happier!

Best wishes,
Bev
p.s. my nephew is emigrating to Australia (Perth) next week. I hope all goes well for him and his family.